This blog post series will cover the five local champions that resist the almighty force of Google and remain the leading local search engines in their country. They have built their own pay-per-click or PPC platforms with many differences to Google AdWords. There are other local champions, such as Naidi in Slovenia, which we excluded to focus on the top 5. Returnonnow also recently confirmed that these are the 5 non-Google/Bing forces to be reckoned with, Wordbank calls them the "justice league".
For these five search engines, we will provide a step-by-step set up guide on how to convert your existing Google AdWords campaign and get it live on these search advertising platforms. In our description, we will mainly focus on the differences between Adwords and the local PPC services, so a fundamental understanding of AdWords and paid search is needed to benefit from our instructions. The series will cover the following five search engines and their PPC platforms:
1. Baidu: the leading search engine in China with 78% market share
2. Naver: Market leader in South Korea with 73% share
3. Yandex: Leading in Russia with 52% of searches
4. Seznam: Local champion in Czech Republic with 45% market share
5. Yahoo Japan: 56% of search volume (Not part of the Bing Search Alliance!)
The first post on Baidu will be coming within the next few days, so watch out for our updates!